Thursday, November 25, 2010

Non-art Daily 12-14



Acrylic paint, consciously experimenting with color complements--multiple shades of blue paired with a smidge of orange, on a pale yellow background and an edging of lime green.

Acrylic paint. I started with a white background, added a wide stripe of maroon and decided that pink would go nicely, as would golden yellow.

Marker and, experimenting with different materials, a bit of blue eyeshadow.  Somebody made fun of some lyrics to a song they knew was special to me, just because they didn't like the band. I think that's very uncool. Hating on a band is one thing, dissing lyrics you KNOW means a lot to someone else--that's different. I don't go around dissing song lyrics special to them, no matter how respected or scorned THEIR favourite band is. The band in question is Hanson, and that's their symbol on the left. I was, for lack of a better word, inspired to write 'NO ONE' on the right. I'm not sure what it means. But it has to do with my feelings of how it's not cool to make fun of people's special songs.

No comments: