Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ah Crazy Times

Lately I've been insanely busy, while feeling like I haven't been getting much done. Argh. The Fire Mountain Gems contest pieces have been keeping me busy, but man I have never run into quite so many hang-ups in a row before; either I have some design question and need to confer with my design partner, who lives far away, or there is some kind of bead that I need that no local shop carries, or I just can't get to the shop that does, or the focal bead has a hole going in the wrong direction and oh dear what do we do now... So many things that can't be foreseen. But I'll manage; I always do. Though I might have to cut an entry this year.


One piece of good news: one of the pieces is finished! yay! It's big and grand and black and turquoise, and believe me I'd post a picture if I had one. When I do, I'll post it. Showing my stuff off is one of the funnest things about making jewelry, even though I never quite know what to say when people gush about my work. Someday I'll figure it out, I guess.


Another piece of good news: I got me some learnin', and snagged a spot in the Etsy Treasury! Making lists is one of my favourite things to do, so being able to make a list with pictures, and furthermore post it, is a step beyond! The theme for my first ever Treasury is 'I Heart My Geek'. I picked out fan stuff for various geeky things I like.

Someday I'll even learn how to get a picture of the whole Treasury, and not have the pictures cut off at the top and bottom. :) In the meantime, here's a link so you can get a good look yourself. http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=33671

No comments: