Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And I Thought I Couldn't Multitask



Over the past several days, I have been busy doing...well, all sorts of things. Probably everything but what I SHOULD be doing (beading, and beading a lot! I have a deadline by which several major jewelry pieces need to be finished, and I'll post on that later).

Project one that's been keeping me busy: revamping the look of my Etsy shop. In keeping with my shop name, Bright Circle, all the old rectangular photos have been replaced with circular ones (see my photos to the right for a sample of the new look)! Does anyone know how long it takes to edit 28 listings in a row?? All I have to say about that is, I'm so thankful my Internet isn't Dial-Up no more! And the results of all that work is pretty darn satisfying; the circular pictures really seem to be memorable.

Project two: getting famous on Flickr (not!). I was lured into this Place Of Many Photos by a link to a group who does cool things with each other's photos! (It's called Pimp My Pixels!) I like to do cool things with photos, and people on Etsy say that Flickr is a good marketing tool (I guess, the more people who know you, the more potential customers you have?) so up I joined. The photos I 'pimp' have a very distinctive look to them, and I like to think my style is instantly recognizable. My profile photo is an excellent example. Here is another:


Project three: making my own 'light box' with which to better photograph my stuff. Rustling up a nice pair of scissors, a cardboard box of suitable size and shape, a nice length of white fabric, a glue gun AND glue sticks in the correct size (and enough of them for the whole project), well, it isn't a given that I'll be able to find all those things at the same time. I'm happy to report, all those items were actually readily available when I needed them! Though I did have to borrow the glue gun from one of my brothers.

Project four: setting up a second Etsy shop, www.ParadoxMoxie.etsy.com! I haven't listed anything yet, but I will be selling mostly my 'tattooed' rocks, along with shiny magnets and anything else I can think of. But I'm gonna concentrate on the rocks. Here is a preview of what is to come!

No comments: