Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching up with projects

I'm currently working on three projects at once.
 
This is the first one. It's a Crime Scene lariat, but done in loomwork instead of square stitch. I have not done loomwork since doing a few rows on my sister's loom ten years ago. I basically had to teach myself everything, but it was definitely worth it, as looming is FAR faster than square stitch. I worked on it until I ran out of yellow Delicas.

Here's a little preview of my current big project.

It's a panoramic bead embroidery piece. I'm going to put it in a frame and enter it into an art exhibition, if I make the deadline. I'm not that fast at bead embroidery yet, (as it's still new to me) and the deadline is Jan 30th. Wish me luck!

These are the beads for my third project. When I can't work on my bead embroidery project (it's not very portable, as it uses so many different kinds of bead), I work on this.

The above ruffle is how far I've gotten. It's going to be a bracelet.

1 comment:

jamberry_song said...

Good luck!! :D Everything here looks wonderful so far. That beading loom project's going to be so fantastic. :3