Thursday, September 24, 2009

Featured Artist: VintageKitschMagpie



The antiqued metal filigree against the bright plastics in VintageKitschMagpie's jewelry are eye candy to all who see! Try the Big Yellow Taxi necklace on for size! http://bit.ly/KtbRo How NYC is that?

The artist says: "I have always been passionate crafting and art, and would spend summer holidays with my gran who encouraged me to paint and sew. I attribute my creative side to her.
I basically have 8 jars which are jam packed full of jewellery bits and bobs that I have collected. Every now and again I shake out the contents of the jars and see what I can come up with.
I'm like a magpie for anything kitsch and vintage (hence the name, of course).
I live in Northern England, where it rains pretty much all the time. I love nothing more than watching some Brit comedy with a nice cup of tea and a couple of gingernut biccies (which are, of course, the best dunking biccies around)
I like to mix vintage metallics with kitsch plastic for really cute pieces. I'm a big fan of individuality, and aim to produce limited numbers or one offs of each piece of jewellery I make. Nothing is mass produced, so you are literally getting something that no-one else will be wearing....how it should be!"

Visit her shop at: http://vintagekitschmagpie.etsy.com
Or follow her on Twitter: www.twitter.com/VintageNKitsch

No comments: