Sunday, September 6, 2009

Featured Artist: Serrelynda

Serrelynda offers vintage-style jewelry that can only be described as Edwardian Nouveau. The artist says:
"I am currently a stay at home mom to a 4 year old and a Sharpei dog. My husband has been kind enough to share a piece of his garage with me by setting up my own drill press, bench grinder, and studio kiln. I have been "playing" with jewelry design for over 12 years, and also collecting vintage materials. I have been perfecting my techniques and taking classes to better my designs, I want my jewelry to be wearable and comfy, and unique. I try and make sure the pendants stay centered and the bracelets don't flop around.

I am thrilled I found ETSY. It is the perfect venue for me--I tried being in stores, doing special orders, and craft shows, and it became tedious. I am awed by the many talented artists on ETSY..with so much competition it makes me strive to be better at my craft. My goal is to learn the art of lost wax casting and be able to create my own components."

I'm partial to this striking filigree bracelet set with jet-coloured glass: http://bit.ly/15jdKO
Visit her shop at http://serrelynda.etsy.com

No comments: