Saturday, August 14, 2010

Long, lean, sleek wraparound jewelry style! What do you think?

These pictures are some of what I did today, and all represent a new style I'm trying out. The concept is simple: one long, long strand of smallish beads which can be worn wrapped around the wrist, neck or ankle (I'm sure it works with hair too). I made the silver version first. It's 2.5mm rounds spaced with tiny sterling bugle beads, and measures a whopping 71 inches long.



Shorter is the second version to the left, using the same bugles, plus 5mm silver rounds and tiny lapis beads.  There's also a detachable silver pendant which slides on and off.
 







Then I did a sleek modern version in the remaining silver bugles and matte black 11/o's. This version might be my favourite.








Lastly, I dressed up the concept using twisted gold bugle beads and freshwater pearls.




What do you think of the design? I ask for honest feedback, not a pat on the back. Is it cool, new and appealing? A little boring or complicated? Let me know!

1 comment:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i love versatility in jewelry so pieces that can be worn as either a necklace or bracelet are cool by me.

i follow your blog now; feel free to check out my blog and follow it too.

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com